yukoninfo

yukoninfo

LOWE’S MORTUARY

Built in the spring of 1898, this building originally housed a blacksmith, a provisions store, and a ladies dress shop. Frank Lowe moved his business into the building in 1906. Lowe was a member of the Vigilante Committee that ended the reign of the notorious Soapy Smith in Skagway. Lowe sold the business in 1920; though ownership changed many times over the years, the business remained the same until 1953.

SALON FUNÉRAIRE LOWE

Érigé au printemps 1898, ce bâtiment abritait au départ une forge, un magasin de vivres et une boutique de vêtements pour femmes. Frank Lowe y a déménagé son entreprise en 1906. Il faisait partie de groupe de justiciers qui a mis fin au règne du célèbre Soapy Smith, à Skagway. M. Lowe a vendu son entreprise en 1920, et celle-ci a changé de propriétaire plusieurs fois au fil des ans, mais a poursuivi ses activités jusqu’en 1953.

 

 

 

 

Request your free Wildlife Viewing Guide

Click here for the Whitehorse
Air Quality Health Index